How to Power Wash Your Driveway
If your driveway needs a good cleaning, power washing is the way to go. This method uses high-powered water to remove any built-up dirt, grease, or oil. Plus, it’s a great way to prep your driveway for painting or sealing.
Before you get started, it’s important to use the right type of detergent and nozzle tips for different types of surfaces. For example, concrete driveways can handle more pressure than asphalt driveways.
- Surface Cleaner: This attachment helps to clean larger areas more quickly. It also prevents the hose from becoming tangled.
- Nozzle Tips: These tips vary in size and shape, so be sure to choose the right one for your surface. Different nozzle tips create different spray patterns, which can impact how much pressure is applied to the surface. To power wash your driveway, you’ll need a 40-degree tip.
- Detergent: You can find specially formulated power washing detergents at your local hardware store. Be sure to read the label carefully to make sure it’s safe for your type of driveway.
- Step 1: Set up your power washer by attaching the hose and surface cleaner.
- Step 2: Fill the power washer’s detergent tank with your chosen detergent.
- Step 3: Wet down the entire area of your driveway with water from the hose.
- Step 4: Turn on the power washer and start at one end of the driveway. Slowly move the wand back and forth as you work your way down the length of the driveway.
- Step 5: Rinse off the driveway with water from the hose once you’re finished power washing. Be sure to remove all traces of detergent before it has a chance to dry.
Now that you know how to power wash your driveway, you can keep it looking clean and new for years to come. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your power washer and use the right detergent and nozzle tips for your surface. With a little care, you’ll have a beautiful driveway that will last for years.