The 10 Best Pressure Washing Roof Shingles Tips
Pressure washing roof shingles is a great way to keep up with the exterior of your house. Homeowners are often hesitant because of the cost and time commitment, but they should know that this method can be used on both asphalt and slate roofs. It’s also a great way to rid your home of mold and mildew, as well as other debris that has accumulated over time or fallen during storms.
Here are the 11 best tips for pressure washing your roof shingles:
1. Safety first! Make sure you are using a ladder that is tall enough and stable enough to reach the top of your roof. You don’t want to take any chances.
2. Protect your gutters by covering them with a tarp or plastic sheeting. This will help keep the water and cleaning solution from getting inside and causing damage.
3. Start by spraying the roof with a garden hose to wet it down. This will help the cleaning solution soak in and loosen dirt and debris.
4. Apply the cleaning solution to a section of the roof, then use the pressure washer to spray it off. Be sure to hold the gun at an angle so that the water is hitting the roof, not blasting directly at the shingles.
5. Work your way from the bottom of the roof to the top, taking care not to miss any sections. Make sure to rinse the cleaning solution off thoroughly when you’re finished so that it doesn’t damage the shingles.
6. Rinse the roof off with a garden hose when you’re finished to remove all of the cleaning solution.
7. Check for damage after pressure washing and repair as necessary. Make sure that all of the water and cleaning solution has been removed, and look for any areas where the shingles are lifting or missing. Repair as necessary.
8. Keep an eye on the weather, and don’t wash your roof if there is a chance of rain or storms in the forecast. You don’t want to end up with a wet, muddy mess inside your house.
9. Be prepared to spend some time on this project. Washing your roof can be a bit of a workout, so take a break every now and then!
10. Schedule an annual roof inspection with a professional. This will help you catch any problems early on and keep your roof in tip-top shape.
11. Finally, be patient! It may take a few tries before you get the hang of it and are able to achieve perfect results. But it’s definitely worth it in the end. Follow these tips and you’ll be able to pressure wash your roof like a pro!
So, what are you waiting for? If you’ve been meaning to get started on pressure washing your roof shingles but haven’t found the time, now is a great opportunity. There are many benefits of pressure-washing your home’s exterior and it can be done in as little as one day if you have enough equipment. Consider these 11 tips when starting this process so that everything goes smoothly from start to finish!
Pink Pro Wash